Stories About Stuff

musings, ramblings and some unintelligible mutterings....

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Sunny Spots, Playtime, and a Scarf

There's not much to show on the sock progress - not that the sock is all that exciting anyway - and I still haven't cast on for the lace scarf. Perhaps I am putting it off, but no! I have a valid excuse. This is a scarf for my friend Gina or rather my boyfriend's buddy's wife, but I like her too - her birthday is coming up and I want to have it finished. I have a measly two stripes per day requirement to finish it. I like to set attainable goals you know... She requested orange and blue in her knitted gift (all the gang has received a hat or scarf or shrug) and I wasn't finding the colors I liked in yarns I could afford (the goal is to keep all these little goodies on the reasonably priced side). Then one day, I am in Michaels' for buttons or something and what do I see? It's super cheapie stuff, but I love the way it looks (it's much brighter in real life) and it doesn't sqeak too much, so we'll live with it. I can use the leftover to make a baby sweater for the impending niece/nephew (babies can barf all over acrylic and it washes right out - so if it's not some serious heirloom, acrylic it is).

I like to call this "Patch of Dog in Sun". Why is it that she will lay in the hot spot and pant and never make a move to go, say 10 inches to the right where she will be warm but comfortable? Crazy dog. But do you see what Livi sees now? I barely recognized it myself - sunshine! Time to go play so I can make it to knit night on time (hope my cheap yarn doesn't get me laughed out of the place). Got to get to bed early too - I think I am going to take myself snowboarding for my birthday (and get back in time for my dinner date!). OK, we're outta here - time for some fetch and chase.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:18 AM, Blogger Janis said…

    We would never laugh at you... (yeah, right). When is your Birthday????

     
  • At 10:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    actually, i think skweezy is checking out the pimpin' hooptie in that last photo.

     
  • At 12:37 PM, Blogger lisa said…

    Livi does love a pimpin' hooptie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home