Stories About Stuff

musings, ramblings and some unintelligible mutterings....

Friday, March 10, 2006

The Lost Post

Our flights were fine, no issues at all - and I even managed to sleep a few hours. It seems that the only place I CAN'T pass out is on an airplane for the most part. I'm going to give credit to my fabulous new friend, the travel pillow. Blow it up, it cushions your head, let out and it folds flat - the wonders of modern conveniences! Speaking of which.....have the Brits not yet figured out how to make a softer toilet paper? I'm not sure but this stuff feels like 100 grit sandpaper. Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit, it's really more like 150. Of course, they don't eat so much of their "veg" here - so maybe they aren't able to poop enough to realize that softer is better when it comes to ones bum. I tried to get a salad tonight - it was listed as a King Prawn and Mango Salad at the Coventry Grill. If you're a spoiled Californian like me, you might imagine a bed of greens with some large grilled shrimp and slices of mango in a citrusy vinaigrette dressing, maybe some other veggies in there too. But you too would be incorrect. Don't get me wrong, the salad wasn't all that bad - my system is just needing some green if you know what I mean - and what I got was a bed of greens with some small shrimp and mango chunks (also small) coated in a mayonnaise dressing ala "Louie" style. Not the light dinner I had planned. Oh well, our server was charming and we got to sit down. Power shopping is hard. Nice tangent, eh?

No, I am not Canadian, but I lived there for a while.

We've done a lot of trekking and sight seeing - Big Ben (this one's for you Heather).....



...the Tower of London (which was great - if you ever go, take the "Yeoman Ward" led tour (better known as a Beef Eater) - they give you lots of insight and help you to decide where to go next through the tour - and it's free once you're in the gates. Which is good, because your American dollars aren't worth much more than the tough guy toilet paper here. Hmmmm, wonder if they're softer......), the Tate Modern Art Gallery, the London Eye (go at night - we did), Dali Universe (skip it - major tourist trap), the Gardening History Museum (bland but free - and warm and relaxing - in a cute little church too), and a bunch of galleries, shops, etc. Today was Harrod's and Paul Smith (for Geoff) and a little bit of Ted Baker (for me!). We needed a break from the cameras, our backs were killing us - so shopping it was. Harrods' was incredible, but more on that and our friendly hotel ghost another day.

It's about time to turn it - we're off to Bath tomorrow and I'm pooped. So, I'll leave you with this.....



Nighty, night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home