Stories About Stuff

musings, ramblings and some unintelligible mutterings....

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Red Lace Blocking

Here it is taking a bath.....

I even cleaned my sink for you guys - around here - that's LOVE.

Stretching out...

OH MY GOD, I hate blocking! I think I stretched it too far because I always hear that you have to "block the crap out of lace" and when it popped off of the mattress, the border curled under. So I took SB's fancy schmancy iron to it and steamed the edges. That'll teach it to be difficult! Problem is, it took me two weeks to get the damn iron out. We iron a lot around here. Can't you tell?

And, finished!

I hope SB's mom likes it. It's definitely her favorite color but it might be a wee bit small to be a wrap for her (however, it fits PERFECTLY to the measurements of the pattern. Whee! Even bigger now that it's over-blocked). I'm thinking we'll have to find a really nice pin for it and put that in the box too - look at me, one Christmas present done! It's from a Jaeger book that I looked everywhere for and finally found in London - the book was the only thing I bought that was less expensive there than at home so I felt like I beat the system somehow. If you're dying to know which one, e-mail me and I'll send it to you later as finding anything is a bit difficult at the moment (stay tuned...).

And, du du dunnnnnn...

My first pair of grown up socks. (Note: Please ignore the stubbly legs on the sock model - she's been really busy lately and unfortunately, no one's paying her to model anymore.) From Cat Bordhi's "Knitting on Two Circulars" book, Lion Brand sock yarn, one skein. Now that I've got the hang of it - it will be fun to do this on some fancy yarn. I just didn't want to waste beautiful yarn on a project that carried potential hatred.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:12 PM, Blogger Janis said…

    The shawl is beautiful!!!!

     
  • At 8:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    shawl would look great on a pup...

     
  • At 7:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey! The shawl came out really really good! You're a natural. And I'm totally diggin' your socks!
    I knew you could do it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home