Stories About Stuff

musings, ramblings and some unintelligible mutterings....

Friday, July 21, 2006

Today, I......

...worked out,


went to the bank, and the library, paid bills and sent some invoices,

liberated my butt crack,


(yes mom, that's my underwear - it's clean though!)

knit a row on my Icarus


(the progress is impressive, let me tell you...),

read blogs,

shopped for jewelry,

watered the orchids,


(four new bud spikes are coming up - this should give me months of blog material - if you'll kindly note the comments section),

started the blocking process on the red lace,


and

washed the dog



twice.

Apparently our model was unsatisfied with the wash and style I gave her. I feel she looks best with a "clean, pretty, natural" look - she prefers the "grungy chic" look, which she achieves with the liberal use of product.


(someone around here is taking the term "molding mud" a little too literally)

However, since I am her mother, I told her that she was not allowed to go out looking like a common tramp and that she'd better get that crap washed off her face before her stepfather got home. She told me that I was dorky and that all the kids were wearing this style and that I never understood her or let her have her way and she was thinking about running away.

I told her to watch her mouth and get inside. She's in the living room sulking right now.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:38 PM, Blogger Janis said…

    You meanie! I guess I was mean too. I washed Lily. Lily hates water. Your doggie is really cute. I am really burning up and wish it would get cold again.

     
  • At 2:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ha! Don't you hate when the dogs do that? Boy, she is so cute. She looks like she's smiling.

    Can't wait to see your shawl all done! That icarus is going to be great too. Is that brown or dark red? I can't tell.

    Sorry too, your necklace sold yesterday. :(

     

Post a Comment

<< Home