Stories About Stuff

musings, ramblings and some unintelligible mutterings....

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Mom's Monkey Socks

Those are my mom's feet in her first ever custom-fit hand-made socks. And her super hot legs - I am lucky in the calf gene pool. I have to admit that I tricked her; she claimed she didn't want any wool socks, that they would be too scratchy - "even the nice expensive wool?", I asked. "Even that." So I found this cute pattern ("monkey" on Knitty) and made them but didn't graft the toes until she got here. Once she put them on though, do you think she wanted to give them back? Interestingly enough - she kept them and saved them just for the plane ride home. I hope the TSA agent admired them properly.

The best part of the story is that not just her legs came to visit me! We got to go out to eat and shop and argue about who loads the dishwasher best and cook together and just hang out. Of course, now that she's gone, it's finally sunny out here instead of the gloomy fog we had all last week. Wouldn't you know it? It's probably good that she's gone now or I'd be catching it for posting the second photo - Olivia loves her grandma, there she is guarding her. She's no fool, she knows who will toss a ball for her.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:23 PM, Blogger Janis said…

    Mom is a cutie! Good legs too. Didja hear a new yarn shop is coming to Alameda? Yup, it is.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home